Section 9 – The courses
1. The Courses will be detailed in the Sailing Instructions.
Section 10 – The scoring
1. 3 races are required to be completed to constitute a Championship.
2. When less than 4 races have been completed, a boat’s score will be the total of her race scores.
4. The Low Points scoring system of Appendix A section 4 will apply.
5. Series Ties will be broken in accordance with Appendix A sections 8.1, 8.2
6. If there are insufficient races to constitute a Championship and the event is re-held at a later date, any race results completed at this first event will not be carried forward in any way.
Section 11 – Prizes
1. Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the organisers.
Section 12 – Entry
1. Entries will be limited to 40 boats.
2. Entry will be via the website nationals.hobiecatcentre.co.uk/
3. Entry will open on 01/02/2019.
4. The entry fee will be £110 per boat, however, the first 10 boats to sign up will benefit from a reduced fee of £90 per boat. Any boats to sign up after 27th April 2019 will pay £130 per boat to cover last minute admin. No more entries will be accepted after 17th May 2019.
5. Entry fees include Boat Storage from Friday to Monday. Dinner on Saturday and Sunday Evening. Use of all the club facilities. A party with a live band on Saturday evening.
6. Campervans of up to 6.2 metres can be parked in the Boat Yard at a cost of £19. Larger vans can be parked at a cost of £30. There is no electricity available. Spaces must be pre-booked directly with Poole Yacht Club by calling 01202 672687.
Section 13 – Disclaimer of liability
1. They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event.
2. They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore.
3. They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions.
4. Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate.
5. The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the event organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities.
6. The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
7. It is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risks specific to this venue or this event drawn to their attention in any rules and information produced for the venue or event and to attend
8. any safety briefing held for the event.
9. Furthermore, parents or guardians of competitors under 18 yrs will be required to take full responsibility for their dependants throughout the event and to sign the parental declaration on the entry form. The person accepting this responsibility shall be present for the duration of the Championship.
Section 14 – Sponsorship
1. Competitors may be required by the Organising Authority to carry the event sponsors advertising on their sails/boats and or bibs/vests.\
Section 15 – Safety regulations
1. A boat that retires from a race shall notify the race committee or any official safety boat as soon as possible, or complete the Sign-Off form for retirements, available in the information area, within 1 hour after the last boat has finished the last race of the day.
2. A Tally system as described in the Sailing Instructions will be in operation.
Section 16 – Television & Media
1. In registering for the event, competitors automatically grant the organising authority the right, in perpetuity, to make, use and show from time to time, at their discretion, any motion pictures, still pictures and live, taped or filmed television and any other reproduction of them taken during the event, for the said Championship as defined in the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions, in which he/she participates, without compensation.
Section 17 – Further Information
Sat 25th 9.29 am 1.2m 3.37 pm 1.8m
Sun 26th 10.38 am1.2m5.08 pm 1.8m
Mon 27th 11.53 am1.2m6.12 pm 1.8m
2. Additional information may be found on the website: nationals.hobiecatcentre.co.uk
3. Queries contact Hazel: 07966 492575 or Simon 07834 487688